Frequently Bought Together
What Is “Frequently Bought Together”? Technically an upsell feature, the automated Frequently Bought Together section is populated with products that are more often browsed and purchased by other customers. When customers buy more than one item at a time, it’s even better. With Frequently Bought Together, your customers can buy related products with one single click, increasing the order value and your revenue.
1. Configure Metafield in Shopify Dashboard
In Shopify backend, go to Settings > Metafield option to create a Metafield definition.
Choose Products option and then click the Add definition button to add Metafield definition.
The Namespce and key is required: theme.fbt
After add all information for definition, please click Select content type button to add a type for Frequently Bought Together metafield.
Then click Save button to save all changes, we will got the metafield definition as image below:
2. Configure Metafield in Products
In Shopify backend, go to Products > All Products option and open the product that you wanna add the Frequently Bought Together. Example: I open the Magnhild Organic Cotton product:
In the product, please scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see the Frequently Bought Together metafield option. Kindly follow the video below:
3. Configure Metafield Frequently Bought Together in Theme Customize
In Shopify backend, click the Customize button to go to Theme backend:
Go to Product page > Choose the product that you wanna configure the Frequently Bought Together here:
In Product main, click on Frequently Bought Together option, on the right side, scroll to bottom of Setting sidebar, you will see the option to choose Metafield here:
- You can click the Select products button to choose list of products you wanna use. But if you choose the list products, those products will show on all products.
- Click connect dynamic source button to choose the metafield Frequently Bought Together product list that you configure on point 1. When you use metafield, the products in Frequently Bought Together will different from each product.
Please follow the video below to know how to configure the Frequently Bought Together: